Monday 7 July 2014

Hair and eyelash regrowth - a law unto itself

OK, so this weekend (two months post chemo) I noticed that my non-head hair was having a little growth spurt. Of course everyone's different, but here's what happened with me...My thigh leg hair (which is blonde) must have just started growing back this weekend as it's now about 4mm long. I didn't notice it was missing, but it must have been as it was definitely longer before. I don't think I lost any arm hair. All of a sudden this weekend I also noticed that my eyebrows started growing back and I suddenly had a version of eyelashes. I say a version of, since they are really not what I expected! I would have assumed that they would all start at the same length and I would have a full eye of really short eyelashes. Not so! Instead, they are more like the spikes on a cactus. I seem to have some really long eyelashes that all point in different directions - some are folded, others are growing vertically and some are completely flat. I also have a number of tiny short eyelashes that are pointing downwards (nowhere near a full eye). You can only really see them with a magnifying mirror and mascara makes no real difference to them, but they are definitely growing back. I've become a dab hand at falsies so I'm less impatient now than I was (the 'natural' ones are the best as the thicker ones look very obvious and really over-the-top). My head hair gets thicker every day and I reckon in a few weeks I will look like someone who chose very short hair rather than someone who has just had cancer. I can't wait!

Amanda
My left eye

No comments:

Post a Comment