Sunday 26 July 2015

The darkest hour is the one before the dawn I am told

Well it has been another case of one step forward, ten steps back this weekend. It's been so frustrating. I had a long walk to see what I was capable of, and then spent hours crying in agony with joint pains (sorry to my lovely upstairs neighbour who must have worried for my welfare). And I mean screaming with agony. I am such a drama queen. I honestly have no idea where all these side effects are coming from. Withdrawal is quite hideous, particularly when you did not choose a substance to partake of.

Next came several hours of projectile vomiting, more akin to the side effects of chemo than radio. Dean spent the day patiently on to the NHS who sent someone out to me with a morphine shot that did the trick. I eventually managed to sleep although I am once again completely ravaged by whatever is going on in my body. I wish it would end soon. God did not bless me with patience, but he gave me Dean which is the next best thing.

I also wanted to set the record straight...the NHS are fantastic. I don't normally extol the benefits, but this experience has opened my eyes to the ordinary folk who work hard to help the vulnerable and weak through difficult times. They are amazing, committed people who do a hideous job that is horribly underpaid. I salute you.

Amanda 

Let this be the end now ( in a good way of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment