Friday 3 July 2015

What's in a look?

On my daily walks, because I look rather odd, people will have a really good stare. Dean takes it in good humour and we joke that any staring after three seconds results in a £1 charge. My Dad on the other hand, gets really upset about it and his approach is slightly less jovial. Conversely, the hospital staff, friends and neighbours who know that I am undergoing pretty hardcore cancer treatment, couldn't be more lovely. I've had compliments on everything from my bravery through to my nail varnish. Plus, I am constantly buoyed by uplifting gifts, cards, notes, Facebook messages, texts and calls.

So, if you see someone who looks a little different, I would suggest giving them a massive smile of encouragement rather than a curious stare. And if you know someone who is going through something that's changed their appearance, find something to compliment. I can promise you, they will appreciate it.

Amanda


A stare longer than three seconds is going to cost you

No comments:

Post a Comment