Thursday 12 June 2014

Using supplements to accelerate your recovery

During my chemotherapy I suffered from horrendous, debilitating migraines, particularly after the first cycle where Ondansetron was part of the drugs cocktail. Migraine can be attributed to a magnesium deficiency, so I asked my neurologist whether it would be helpful to take daily doses of Magnesium, alongside Vitamin B12 which I had also read could help. He was keen on the idea as long as my oncologist was happy, as sometimes herbal treatments can interfere with the effects of the chemo. He gave me the go-ahead too, and I took both throughout the process. My migraines improved significantly, and this made the chemo much more bearable. Once the chemo finished, on the advice of my acupuncturist I started taking Co-Q10, Glucosamine and Collagen supplements to boost my energy levels and hair and tissue regrowth. Obviously you will need to check with your doctors, but I am four weeks post chemo, feeling pretty good and have the hair of a new-born chick!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment