Wednesday 11 June 2014

Alternative therapies are amazing!

Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for conventional medicine - take everything on offer - surgery, chemo and radio, even if it's borderline whether you need it (I only had a micro-metastasis in one lymph node). However, I have found alternative therapies to be absolutely fantastic in getting me through the challenges of cancer treatment. After the first chemo when I was terribly ill, I couldn't digest any medication which meant that I couldn't treat any of the side effects. So I went to see an acupuncturist who worked on my digestive system as well as giving me nutritional advice. He was absolutely wonderful! I found that over the next couple of weeks I began to be lots more robust and less sick. I've seen him every week and will continue to do so over my recovery. I've also seen a mindfulness and relaxation practitioner. It's so important to learn how to rest and avoid stress to minimise the likelihood of the cancer coming back, and it's not something that comes naturally to me at all. I've now learned to relax which will be an invaluable skill for the future.



Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment