Thursday 25 June 2015

You are allowed an off day

Over the last couple of days I have found this whole cancer lark a bit of a strain. I can't quite decide whether I look or feel worse. The bloating is quite incredible and my face is so distorted that Dean is complimenting me on the storage potential of my cheeks. After I eat, the only possible form of movement is a waddle, and even I laugh at my feeble efforts to make myself look OK by continuing to apply make-up to distract from the Violet Beauregarde look I have developed. Having spoken to the consultants, I am stuck with this for the next month, but it is important. The steroids are reducing post-surgery swelling on the brain and will help minimise any adverse effects from the radiotherapy. So, it's pretty crucial. It will also reduce quickly once the treatment is over and I will return back to normal (albeit bald) within a short period. I have decided though that it is absolutely OK to have a miserable day here and there. No-one expects you to be on top form all the time, and in fact, it probably wouldn't be healthy anyway. Just steer clear of blueberries.

Amanda

Even the best lipstick doesn't offset this look

1 comment:

  1. This gives the detailed results of all India level recruitment Recruitment Results Please check for results

    This link will gives you all notifications of new job oppurtunities Job Notifications Please click on this link

    We will receive infos of all new jobs recruitment Job Recruitment Just go through this link

    Details of all new recruitment exam admit card/ hall tickets available here Admit Card Please visit this link

    ReplyDelete