Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Long Goodbye

Tuesday 27th October 2015.

(written by Dean on behalf of Amanda)

Things seem to be gathering apace. I've updated my will, I've set my financial affairs in order and begun to see people, possibly for the last time.


Whilst this may appear deeply morbid, to me it's a way of just spending time with treasured friends as I always have.

My colleague has also arranged a fantastic extravaganza to say my goodbyes (more details on that coming soon...) and while I am reticent to share my fat hamster cheeks (thanks Dexamethasone) and bald head with everyone, I appreciate that needs must.

I feel completely comfortable with people feeling sad around me but I think it's been a really nice mix of tears and happiness. I could not feel more loved and supported and certainly have not been found wanting in the flower department with daily deliveries aplenty. I feel very special and very loved and for that I am very grateful.


The postman gradually despaired at the thought of the daily delivery to Flat 3


No comments:

Post a Comment