Friday 9 October 2015

Symptoms run-down

Being ill has become increasingly tedious. Here's a symptoms run-down for those who thought they were having a bad day...

I walk like an old person and have to negotiate complex things like going to the loo in stages.
I have no hair and a huge gash in the back of my head.
My cheeks are enormous and show little sign of abating.
Breathing is very difficult and keeps me awake at night.
I have an odd but incredibly painful side which makes me cry out. It also flickers constantly like a jumping bean.
My chest is painful and of course makes me worry about something more sinister.
I have a migraine most days.
I am so tired that I can no longer leave the house; even the end of the street is too difficult.

So that's where we are. I would love to meet friends for dinner, watch the latest blockbuster and complain about the minutiae of life. I would love to be just normally 'tired', but cancer chooses its own path.

I am hoping that all of this is about recovery rather than illness and I am counting down the days to Gamma Knife surgery so that my treatment will be over once and for all.

Thanks to everyone for your support, best wishes, fantastic presents and texts. I may not reply but I appreciate them more than you will ever know.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment