Monday 5 September 2016

Every cloud

There's no doubt that Cancer has been one of my greatest foes of my life. It is an insidious, pervasive and vicious enemy. And, it is impossible, to misquote Shakespeare, "to take arms against it" as no form of attack will weaken its hold. The death of the talented Rowena Kincaid this week, and the movement of a dear friend to her local hospice only serves to remind us of its power.

However, for the last twenty plus years, I have had another opponent. 

Unlike Cancer which simmers beneath the surface waiting to erode you from the inside with stealth, migraines floor you with a sucker punch and an unrelenting attack. For a while I felt like I was being pounded from all sides and prayed for a miracle.

So whilst I was on high alert for the next Cancer attack, I didn't notice that my migraines had subsided. Not just subsided, but (for now) seem to be completely non-existent. So not only is my Cancer in abeyance, but for the last few weeks my migraines have been too.

I feel like all my prayers have been answered and feel an overwhelming sense of joy and relief, tempered with sadness for those who have been taken from us and those who are soon to leave us.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me, and along with the love and support from my friends and family the cloud has been turned inside out. Now, all I can see is the silver.

Amanda     



1 comment:

  1. So pleased to hear your good news -- God is faithful x

    ReplyDelete