Friday 4 December 2015

There's no better time to expect a miracle than Christmas

I wasn’t expecting to write another blog so soon after my last one, but I was so upset after reading Amanda’s blog last night that I felt prompted to respond in some way. Amanda is being so incredibly brave under such extreme circumstances, but to see her put in print that she is expecting this to be her last Christmas is unbelievably painful. I hope and pray with all my heart that it isn’t, and I’m asking God for a miracle. As a family we deserve one! As Amanda says [and our counsellor], we need to live for the moment and not to look into the future as no one knows what that it holds for us. The bible advises us not to look too far ahead, and I can truly understand why it does. Christmas Day has always been so special for our family, and this one will definitely be no exception. Last year was the very first Christmas that we’d spent away from home. Amanda and Dean had decided to spend Christmas at their villa in Spain, and we decided to join them. We had a brilliant time, and I haven’t given up hope of doing it again. Amanda and Dean have always adored their time there, and to join them again in the future would be incredible! I believe that we will! This Christmas Day will be our usual family Christmas Day. My wife and I will spend Christmas Eve putting the presents out in preparation for the big day; and Amanda will have the most presents, filling the settee as usual. Christmas morning will be a full English breakfast followed by Amanda and I going to church. After taking wreaths to various cemeteries in the City, we then get home to a present opening ceremony with lots of laughing! Christmas dinner carefully prepared by my wife will be enjoyed after certain traditional speeches are undertaken. We’ve always done this, and always will, its great! My previous blog emphasised the need for doing the simple things as you would normally do in tremendously difficult times, and this Christmas will follow those advisory guidelines, albeit this year in a very emotional way for our very, very special daughter.

Amanda's Dad



1 comment:

  1. Still praying for a miracle--
    I am sure you will have a wonderful and very special Christmas-- as you say , it is the little things that mean the most.
    You are a remarkable family and have a very special relationship which a lot of people don't have, that is something to be proud of.
    Love and blessings and enjoy your Christmas x

    ReplyDelete