Monday 21 December 2015

It's Christmas time...

So, it's very nearly Christmas and I am SO excited. Festivities were kicked off with a beautiful candle-lit Carol concert at my church, St. Lawrence's, on Sunday evening, and I spent lots of precious time with friends and family over the weekend. In particular you'll be pleased to hear that I am now on first-name terms with everyone at my local spa.

In other news, after a torturous wait, I have now developed actual hair. I still have an inverted Widow's Peak and local children get excited when they see me, as my cheeks are still the size of two miniature bean bags, but things are slowly improving. It has at least been a good lesson in humility and patience (neither of which I am famed for).

Things have been also been tough for the family over the last few weeks, especially for my lovely mother-in-law who is having debilitating cancer treatment and is currently in hospital. I've always hated being called "brave"' but I can see now from a different perspective how strength and sheer will is guiding her to be strong for us when it's the last thing she wants to do. I hope and pray that she's back out of hospital for Christmas.

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment