Thursday 3 December 2015

And so this is Christmas

As my last Christmas looms I'm actually really excited, despite the circumstances. There is so much that I love about Christmas from Christingles to Carols, that I'm actually really looking forward to it.

However, this is likely to be a really challenging time for my family and friends, and each moment will be precious, if bitter-sweet. So what are my tips to make this Christmas an extra special one? 

Firstly, the plan is to have as 'normal' a Christmas as possible. The best Christmases have always been the simple ones. We've got loads of traditions we follow as a family, from going to the cemetery to going to the Christmas day church service. These are very precious to us and none moreso than this year. 

We're also going to share experiences rather than give presents. I'd much rather add some more special moments to my over-flowing memory banks than to accumulate more 'stuff'.  

It will also be a time of reflection that my life, albeit shorter than anticipated, has been wonderful in so many ways. So, this Christmas will be no different than usual, full of love and laughter and I hope yours will be the same. 

Amanda



1 comment: