Friday 12 September 2014

Post cancer car boot

One of the things I did after I finished chemo was to throw out anything that I associated with that time of my life. I ditched the nightie I wore to throw up in on the first day after chemo, all the fleecy comfy tops I wore after surgery, the various lotions and potions I kept in the bathroom cupboard and even any magazines and books I associated with chemo. It felt fantastic! A couple of weeks ago I even donated my wigs to the hair salon at the hospital and being a visitor rather than a patient was an amazing experience. I felt like this 'out with the old' activity really helped me to feel like it was all over with and to clear some space - real and head space - for the new me. I would seriously recommend it!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment