Friday 12 September 2014

Do you want a medal? Errrrm yes please!

I'm going to be completely honest here. I'm twelve weeks post treatment, have a passable haircut and am totally back in the swing of things. People I see regularly never really mention the 'C' word and it's business as usual. There were many, many times during chemo when I longed for this moment...and now it's finally here! So, now for the confession...I actually feel like it's a bit too normal now and that people are pretty much assuming that I'm fully recovered. I sometimes wish that people would acknowledge what I've been through and what a major achievement it's been. So, if you know someone who's been through cancer, then tell them you're proud of them, that they've done amazingly well and you haven't forgotten what they've just experienced. I'm certainly not suggesting that we deserve a medal. Ermmm...well actually, if there's any on offer, why not?

Amanda

Real gold would be better please

No comments:

Post a Comment