Monday 28 May 2018

An attitude of gratitude

Sometimes, I don't take enough time to express my gratitude. It's all too easy to forget that in October 2015, I was diagnosed with "months not years" to live and that despite this, I am still here. So as I walked this morning with a lovely friend (who has an unusual form of cancer), I felt extremely thankful. So, I thought it might be a good idea to share a few things that I am grateful for (from the mundane to the mind-blowingly amazing) that this incredible world has to offer...

1. A walk in the warm sunshine with a friend
2. A smile from a passer-by
3. The beauty of nature
4. The sounds of the birds
5. Enjoying another birthday
6. Being comfortable and safe
7. Laughing with my husband
8. Enjoying my God-daughter's 'knock knock' jokes
9. Waking up to sun-light seeping through the curtains
10. Being peaceful
11. Knowing that at this moment, everything is OK
12. Cherishing time with my Dad
13. Having the freedom to make my own choices
14. Being loved
15. Spending time with loved ones
16. Reading a book from cover to cover
17. Seeing the cherry blossom on the trees
18. Hearing from an old friend
19. Putting dates into my diary
20. Overcoming physical challenges
21. Being uplifted by my Church community
22. Feeling inspired by the resilience of others
23. Being able to travel
24. Celebrating the good news of friends
25. Remembering the people I've lost with fondness
26. Witnessing an answer to prayer
27. Enjoying a trip to the theatre
28. Blasting out music in the car
29. Enjoying a meal that someone else has cooked
30. Oh, and being saved from imminent death is quite an important one

I didn't have a bucket list. I don't even have a bucket. But God's Grace and miraculous healing have given me a myriad of blessings, some huge, some tiny. But I am wildly grateful for them all.

Amanda




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete