Wednesday 18 November 2015

Song for whoever

Wednesday 18th November
It's Dean (husband of Amanda) here.

I have a story about the video that I've linked to further down in this blog.

This particular record cropped up on my Facebook a couple of days ago after Amanda's event on Sunday. Jo & Akira (Flying Cape Experience) tagged me into the post via their own Facebook profiles. They wrote the following:

There will come situations in your life that you are afraid of.
Situations where you feel desperate, devastated, heartbroken. Situations you can't do anything about. You just need to accept what is about to come. But you do your best, everything you can, because you have hope and faith, because of love.
And sometimes there comes situations when you just have to say goodbye.

This new song is dedicated to a brave couple. They have shared their life story, love story, which is heartbreaking but hope giving. Their openness, optimism and love is the reason this song was born. The celebration of life. They are the mother and father to this song.

As many of you will know, Amanda​  doesn't quite possess the intensity of musical love that i have. I mentioned that to her that they had dedicated this song to us. I sat down next to Amanda and played it on my iPad. Bear in mind I hadn't played it in advance, listening with Amanda was the first time I listened to it.




It melted and broke my heart.

I've never cried listening to music before. Until that moment. Reading the lyrics on the accompanying Youtube video at the same time as listening to one of the most emotionally charged records I've ever had the pleasure of hearing caused me to break down. It's been brewing for a good while now. Tears fell, I looked over at Amanda and tears were falling too. The type of stinging tears to cause you to wipe yours eyes for hours afterwards. Music has never had that effect on me before. Almost, but not quite. I guess there is always one song out there for everyone that will have effect on someone. THIS is that song for me.

I contacted Akira and Jo about this. This caused them to cry (I apologised to them, naturally). Jo said something very salient at this stage "Even if we haven't met in person there's no barriers, the physical world doesn't restrict us to sympathize. I feel deeply for both of you, and the reaction you had of the song is so strong and above everything I could have imagined. I have no words. Feeling so much love right now. "

The whole world (well, my world) needs to know about this. This is heartbreakingly beautiful. I hope you can spare 5 minutes out of your day to listen. If not today,  save it for later (you can do this here)
********************************
Lyrics of this song:
My love
Where you going my love
Don't wanna see you leave
You're taking me away with you
My love

My love
Are you going home
My love
Turning into light
Into dreams I see
too real
My love

My love
Can I hold you
Take your pain
Take everything you don't need
My love

My love
Where you going my love
Don't wanna see you leave
You're taking me away with you
My love
*****************************************
You can here more Flying Cape Experience over on their Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/flying-cape-experience

I'd like to thank Jo and Akira for this moment.

How's Amanda today? Well, she's OK today. I'm noticing slightly more exaggerated involuntary shakes than previously, but she's doing good otherwise. Her social calendar is quickly filling up for December as she continues her 'Farewell Tour'

No comments:

Post a Comment